ST. DAVID'S - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"ST. DAVID'S, (or Llanvaes) a parish in the hundred of Devynnock, union of Brecon, in the county of Brecon, South Wales. It is situated 1 mile from Brecon, where the river Tarrell joins the river Usk. The parish is in two divisions: the upper being is the hundreds of Devynnock and Penkelly, the lower in the hundred of Merthyr. The part called Llanvaes is a suburb of Brecon, separated only from it by the river Usk. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Brecon."