|St Davids||Contents &
"ST. DAVID'S, (or Llanvaes) a parish in the hundred of Devynnock, union of Brecon, in the county of Brecon, South Wales. It is situated 1 mile from Brecon, where the river Tarrell joins the river Usk. The parish is in two divisions: the upper being is the hundreds of Devynnock and Penkelly, the lower in the hundred of Merthyr. The part called Llanvaes is a suburb of Brecon, separated only from it by the river Usk. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, in the patronage of the Archdeacon of Brecon."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|