We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Hearn, R. Bronllys : the malthouse. Llandrindod Wells : Powys County Council, 1978.
Smith, J Beverley. Bronllys Castle. Cardiff : H.M.S.O., 1981. 31p.
- Union Chapel, Calvinistic Methodist, Wesleyan And Baptist
- St Gwendoline, Bronllys , Church in Wales
- St Mary, Bronllys , Church in Wales
- Bethel Chapel, Church Street, Calvinistic Methodist
- Bethel Chapel, -, English Presbyterian
- Bronllys Hospital Chapel, -, Other
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Bronllys area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales (NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
- Baptisms 1813-1992; Marriages 1755-1971; Burials 1813-1939. Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.
Description and Travel
Bronllys Castle - on the Castle Wales site.
Places, villages, farms etc., in Bronllys parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file] (Kain, R. J. P., Oliver, R. R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
- Bronllys  - Bradwys, Bronllys, Bryn-du, Coldbrook, Lower Porthamal, Marish, Pont Trephilip, Pont-y-wal, Sanatorium, Trephilip, Trevithel.
You can see pictures of Bronllys which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Bronllys has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO143349 (Lat/Lon: 52.005858, -3.249952), Bronllys which are provided by: