Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
CATHEDINE - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"CATHEDINE, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, in the county of Brecknock, South Wales, 6 miles to the E. of Brecknock. Crickhowell is its post town. It lies in a mountainous district near the border of Herefordshire, and is watered by a branch of the river Wye. In this parish is Blaenllynfi, a nominal borough of ancient date long decayed, and the site of a venerable castle built by the Normans, of which some traces remain. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £141, in the patronage of the Rev. R. W. P. Davies. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. Cathedine House is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.