Church of St Michael on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales (NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
Places, villages, farms etc., in Cathedine parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R.J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
Plan of the parish of Cathedin.1839. William Jones, High Street, Brecon, valuer and surveyor.
Second class map.Voluntary agreement. Commutation dated 18.04.1839. Shows tithable parts only; includes foot/bridleway, waterbodies, houses, woods, plantations, gardens and common. 1,567 acres commuted. Apportionment by holding. Land use details and field-names given in apportionment schedule. Tithe rent charge £160 (£160 Rector).
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|