We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
- Carmel Baptist Chapel, High Street, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Welsh Baptist
- St John, New Church Road, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Church in Wales
- Moriah Chapel / Cae Chapel, Field Street, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Calvinistic Methodist
- Aubrey Memorial Chapel, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Wesleyan Methodist
- Ebenezer Chapel, Pontycapel Road, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Independent
- Hen Dy Cwrdd;Unitarian Chapel, Old Chapel Road, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Unitarian
- Tabor Chapel, High Street And Grawen Lane, Cefn-Coed-y-cymmer, Welsh Independent
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Cefncoedycymer area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
A parish formed out of Y Faenor/Vaynor
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales (NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
- Baptisms 1877-1910, 1924-1950; Marriages 1883-1973; Burials - ; Banns 1926-1951 See Vaynor for Baptisms 1910-24 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts - none detailed in source book
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Cefncoedycymer which are provided by:
You can see the administrative areas
in which Cefncoedycymer has been placed at times in the past.
Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO030081 (Lat/Lon: 51.763109, -3.406984), Cefncoedycymer which are provided by: