Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
CRICKADARN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"CRICKADARN, (or Cerrigcadarn), a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, in the county of Brecon, 5½ miles S. of Builth. It is situated at the junction of the rivers Clettwr and Wye, and contains the hamlets of North and South Crickadarn, and Erwrd. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the vicarage of Llandevalley, £686, in the patronage of Colonel L. V. Watkins. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities amount to £9 per annum."
"ERWID, (or Erwood), a village in the parish of Crickadarn, county Brecon, 9 miles W. of Hay. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.