"CRICKADARN, (or Cerrigcadarn), a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, in the county of Brecon, 5½ miles S. of Builth. It is situated at the junction of the rivers Clettwr and Wye, and contains the hamlets of North and South Crickadarn, and Erwrd. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the vicarage of Llandevalley, £686, in the patronage of Colonel L. V. Watkins. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The charities amount to £9 per annum."
"ERWID, (or Erwood), a village in the parish of Crickadarn, county Brecon, 9 miles W. of Hay. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|