We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
GARTHBRENGY - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"GARTHBRENGY, a parish in the hundreds of Merthyr and Penkelly, county Brecon, South Wales, 3 miles N. of Brecknock, its post town, and 8 S. of Llanginnog. It is situated on the river Hhondu. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £79, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. David."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.