Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANYWERN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANYWERN, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 4 miles E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 4 S.W. of Talgarth. This was a demesne of Brecon priory, to which it was given by Bernard Newmarch. The village consists of a few farmhouses. Theliving is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £81, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.