[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANAFAN-FAWR, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town. It is situated on a tributary of the river Wye, and contains the hamlet of Llysdinam. The parish is large, hilly, and mostly used as pasture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacies of Llanafan-Fechan, Llanfihangel-Abergwissin, and Llanvihangel-Bryn Pabuan, annexed, £273, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Avan, whose monument it contains. The charities consist of a share of Powell's at Brecon."
"LLYSDINAM, a hamlet in the parish of Llanafan-fawr, hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth. The princes of Brecknock had a seat here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.