|Llanafan Fawr||Contents &
"LLANAFAN-FAWR, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town. It is situated on a tributary of the river Wye, and contains the hamlet of Llysdinam. The parish is large, hilly, and mostly used as pasture. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacies of Llanafan-Fechan, Llanfihangel-Abergwissin, and Llanvihangel-Bryn Pabuan, annexed, £273, in the patronage of the bishop. The church is dedicated to St. Avan, whose monument it contains. The charities consist of a share of Powell's at Brecon."
"LLYSDINAM, a hamlet in the parish of Llanafan-fawr, hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth. The princes of Brecknock had a seat here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|