Adams, Rob. By no means all called Jones : the surnames of Llanafan Fawr Part 1 Cronicl Powys. No. 56 (Aug. 2002), p. 32-36. And Part 2 in Cronicl Powys. No. 57 (Dec. 2002), p. 34-37
Church of St Afan, Llanafan Fawr on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives.
Eglwys Oen Duw parish was formed in 1874 out of Llanafan Fawr, Llanfihangel Abergwesyn, Llanlleonfel and Llangamarch parishes, extant records are:
Llanafan Fawr castle on the Castle Wales site
Victorian Powys for schools site - Victorian map of Llanafan fawr and Llanfihangel Brynpabuan in 1833
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|