Church of St Afan, Llanafan Fechan on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site
Victorian Powys for schools site - Rebuilding and Restoration - Llanafan Fechan
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
The parish of Llanafan Fechan. 1840. Evan Jones Griffiths, Llandeilo Fawr, surveyor. Apportioned by Commissioners Blamire and Buller, because more than six months had lapsed. Second class map. Voluntary agreement. Commutation dated 20.11.1840. Shows woods, plantations and ownerships (tithable parts only). 2,283 acres commuted. Apportionment by holding. Land use details and field-names given in apportionment schedule. Tithe rent charge £115 (£38.6.8d Vicar; £76.13.4d Chanter and Chapter of St David's Cathedral).
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|