Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"LLANTHETTY, a parish in the hundred of Pinkelly, county Brecon, 7 miles S.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on the Roman Via Julia Montana and the river Usk. The Brecon canal passes through the parish, which includes the townships of Dyffrin and Taf-Vechan. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £344. The parish church is dedicated to St. Detta. ..." [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Henderson, J.History of Llanddetty Church : with some notes on houses of historical interest in the parish. [Brecon] : Printed by "Brecon and Radnor Express and County Times", 1965. 16p
- St Tetti (St Tetta / St Detyor), Llanddetty, Church in Wales
- Bethania Chapel, Mill Lane, Talybont-on-Usk, Calvinistic Methodist
- Benaiah Chapel, B4558, Talybont-on-Usk, Congregational
- Yard Baptist Chapel, Talybont-on-Usk, Other
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Llanddeti area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
- Baptisms 1740-1741, 1813-1975; Marriages 1813-1971; Burials 1740-1741, 1813-1974; Banns 1824-1970 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.
Places, villages, farms etc., in Llanddeti parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R. J. P., Oliver, R. R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
- Duffryn / Vo [74A / 74B] - Abercriban, Blaen-Callan, Bryn Melyn, Coed-hir, Cwm-Car, Dam, Dol-y-Gaer Station, Glasgwm-isaf, Graig-las, Hall, Llandetty, Llwyn-yr-eos, Maes-mawr, Neuadd, Pant-y-wenallt, Pant-y-wenallt-isaf, Pen Rhiw-calch, Pen-twyn Reservoir, Pont Sticill, Pontsticill Junction Station, Rhyd-yr-onen, Roman Road, Taf Fechan Reservoir, Talybont, Talybont Reservoir, Taren Tormwnt, Troed-y-rhiw, Tump Cottage, Ty'n-y-coed, Wenallt, Y Gaer
You can see pictures of Llanddeti which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO128202 (Lat/Lon: 51.873490, -3.268068), Llanddeti which are provided by: