"LLANTHETTY, a parish in the hundred of Pinkelly, county Brecon, 7 miles S.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on the Roman Via Julia Montana and the river Usk. The Brecon canal passes through the parish, which includes the townships of Dyffrin and Taf-Vechan. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £344. The parish church is dedicated to St. Detta. There is also the district church of Taf-Vechan, a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the rector. Here are several good residences, the principal being Llanthetty Hall."
"DYFFRIN, a hamlet in the parish of Llanthetty, hundred of Penkelly, in the county of Brecon, 6 miles N.W. of Crickhowel. It is situated near the canal and the river Usk. Its name, Dyffrin, or Dyffryn, is derived from dyfcr hynt, a watercourse in a wide vale."
"TAL-Y-BONT, a village in the parishes of Llanthetty and Llanvigan, county Brecon, 5 miles S.E. of Brecknock."
"VRO, a parcel in the parish of Llanthetty, hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon. It is situated near the Usk and Brecon canal, and includes Tal-y-bont."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|