Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLAN-DDEWI-'R-CWM - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLAN-DDEWI-'R-CWM, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 2 miles S.W. of Builth, its post town, and 14 from Brecon. It is situated on the small river Duhawn-wg, or Dihonw, a tributary of the Wye. The village is a small agricultural place. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £81. The church is dedicated to St. David. The parochial charities produce about £6 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.