Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANDEFAILOG-FACH - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANDEFAILOG-FACH, a parish in the hundred of Merthyr, county Brecon, 3 miles N.E. of Brecon, its post town, and 11 from Builth. It is situated on the banks of the small river Honddu, and the old Roman road Sarn Helen, which passes through the parish. It includes the township of Llanfihangel-Feehan. The ground, though hilly, is well adapted for agriculture. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £368, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to St. Tyvaelog, was, with the exception of the old tower, rebuilt in 1831. It contains the monuments and tombs of the Powel, Watkins, and other families. There is also the district church of Llanfihangel-Fechan, the living of which is a perpetual curacy, value £65. The charitable endowments produce about £12 per annum. Llandefailog House and Glan Honddu are the principal residences."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.