Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
NORTH AND SOUTH LLANDEFALLEY - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"NORTH AND SOUTH LLANDEFALLEY, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 6 S.W. of Glasbury. The parish forms two divisions, known as North and South Llandefalley. The village, which is considerable, is situated a little to the S.W. of the river Wye. In the vicinity is a medicinal spring impregnated with sulphur. The living is a vicarage annexed to that of Crickadarn, in the diocese of St. David's. The church, dedicated to St. Matthew, is a spacious structure with stained-glass windows and a timbered roof. It contains monumental effigies of two prelates. The charities produce about £8 per annum. There are traces of an ancient camp. Trebarried and Trebris are the names of former seats, now in ruins."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.