[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANELIEU, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 5 miles S.W. of Hay, its post town, and 7 N.E. of Brecknock. It is situated at the foot of the Cradle Mountain. The surrounding scenery is somewhat of a gloomy cast. The village consists of a few scattered houses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £90. The church is dedicated to St. Ellyw. This parish shares in a fund left by Mr. Rice Powell for apprenticing children. An ancient flint spear head and other remains have been found here. There are several old seats, for the most part converted into farms."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.