History and Description of Llanelly Parish Church by Jeffrey Thomas.
Photographs of St Elli's Church and Bethlehem Chapel (Llanelly), and Ebenezer and English Wesleyan chapels (Clydach) on John Ball's Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection webpages.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Records Held on the Gwent Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
Walking in Clydach Gorge
Clydach Ironworks - photographs on John Ball's website.
A Photo Essay of Brynmawr by Jeffrey Thomas
Places, villages, farms etc., in Llanelly parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R. J.P., Oliver, R.R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
Description of Brynmawr from Theophilus Jones's The History of Brecknockshire revised in 1909.
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|