Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANFIHANGEL-ABERGWESSIN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANFIHANGEL-ABERGWESSIN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 12 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 13 S.W. of Rhayader. It is situated at the foot of Drugarn Mountain, near the junction of the rivers Gwessin and Irvon. Lead and salt are found here. The village is a small rustic place. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Llanafanfawr, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £13 per annum. Lwyn Madoc is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.