|Llanfihangel Abergwessin||Contents &
"LLANFIHANGEL-ABERGWESSIN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 12 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 13 S.W. of Rhayader. It is situated at the foot of Drugarn Mountain, near the junction of the rivers Gwessin and Irvon. Lead and salt are found here. The village is a small rustic place. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Llanafanfawr, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The parochial charities produce about £13 per annum. Lwyn Madoc is the principal residence."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|