Open a form to report problems or contribute information
LLANFIHANGEL-BRYN-PABUAN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANFIHANGEL-BRYN-PABUAN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 7 S. of Rhayader. It is watered by the rivers Wherwi and Wye, which abound with trout. The parish includes the hamlets of Llanfihangel and Rhosferig. This place is somewhat resorted to for its medicinal springs. There is a pump-room on a small scale. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Llanafanfawr, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
"LLANFIHANGEL, a hamlet in the parish of Llanfihangel-Bryn-Pabuan, hundred of Builth, county Brecon. 5 miles N.W, of Llangattock."
"RHOSFERIG, a hamlet in the parish of Llanfihangel-Bryn-Pabuan, hundred of Builth, county Brecknock, 6 miles N.W. of Builth. It is situated on the river Irvon, and was formerly the seat of the Lloyds, to whom it came through Elystan Glodrydd, Prince of Ferregs."