|Llanfihangel Bryn Pabuan||Contents &
"LLANFIHANGEL-BRYN-PABUAN, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 5 miles N.W. of Builth, its post town, and 7 S. of Rhayader. It is watered by the rivers Wherwi and Wye, which abound with trout. The parish includes the hamlets of Llanfihangel and Rhosferig. This place is somewhat resorted to for its medicinal springs. There is a pump-room on a small scale. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Llanafanfawr, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael."
"LLANFIHANGEL, a hamlet in the parish of Llanfihangel-Bryn-Pabuan, hundred of Builth, county Brecon. 5 miles N.W, of Llangattock."
"RHOSFERIG, a hamlet in the parish of Llanfihangel-Bryn-Pabuan, hundred of Builth, county Brecknock, 6 miles N.W. of Builth. It is situated on the river Irvon, and was formerly the seat of the Lloyds, to whom it came through Elystan Glodrydd, Prince of Ferregs."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|