[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANFIHANGEL-FECHAN, a chapelry in the parish of Llandefailog-Fach, hundred of Merthyr, county Brecon, 5 miles N. of Brecknock, its post town. It' is situated on the banks of the river Hhondu, across which there is a bridge. There are some good views here, especially from the site of the old British camp. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory* of Llandefailog-fach, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael, and contains monuments to the Powell family, of Castle-Madoc, by whom it was built."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.