|Llanfihangel Fechan||Contents &
"LLANFIHANGEL-FECHAN, a chapelry in the parish of Llandefailog-Fach, hundred of Merthyr, county Brecon, 5 miles N. of Brecknock, its post town. It' is situated on the banks of the river Hhondu, across which there is a bridge. There are some good views here, especially from the site of the old British camp. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory* of Llandefailog-fach, in the diocese of St. David's. The church is dedicated to St. Michael, and contains monuments to the Powell family, of Castle-Madoc, by whom it was built."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|