[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"UPPER LLANFIHANGEL-NANTBRANE, (and Lower Llanfihangel-nantbrane) a parish in the hundred of Merthyr, county Brecon, 8 miles N. W. of Brecknock, its post town, and 13 from Builth. It is situated on the river Bran, a tributary of the Usk. It is a small village. The tithes were commuted in 1839. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £66. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. There is a Calvinistic Methodist chapel."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.