"LLANFIHANGEL-TAL-Y-LLYN, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 4 miles E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 9 N.W. of Crickhowell. It is situated, as its name implies, on a lake called Llyn Savaddan. This property has bean held successively by the families of Walwyn, Wynter, Phillips, and others, and is now possessed by that of Bold. The village consists of a few farm-houses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £158. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The charities are about £2 per annum. The lake abounds with perch, pike, &c."
"TAL-Y-LLYN, a village in the parish of Llanfihangel-Tal-y-Llyn, county Brecon, 4 miles E. of Brecknock. It is a junction station on the Mid Wales and Brecon and Merthyr railways. It is situated near the lake Llyn Savaddan."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]