|Llanfihangel Tal y Llyn||Contents &
"LLANFIHANGEL-TAL-Y-LLYN, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 4 miles E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 9 N.W. of Crickhowell. It is situated, as its name implies, on a lake called Llyn Savaddan. This property has bean held successively by the families of Walwyn, Wynter, Phillips, and others, and is now possessed by that of Bold. The village consists of a few farm-houses. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £158. The church is dedicated to St. Michael. The charities are about £2 per annum. The lake abounds with perch, pike, &c."
"TAL-Y-LLYN, a village in the parish of Llanfihangel-Tal-y-Llyn, county Brecon, 4 miles E. of Brecknock. It is a junction station on the Mid Wales and Brecon and Merthyr railways. It is situated near the lake Llyn Savaddan."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|