Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANVILLO - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANVILLO, (or Llanfilo), a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 3 miles W. of Talgarth, and 5 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Wye. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Llandefailog-Tre'r-Graig, £324. The church is dedicated to St. Millburg. The charities are about £1 per annum. In the neighbourhood are traces of the Alltfillo British camp."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.