"LLANVILLO, (or Llanfilo), a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 3 miles W. of Talgarth, and 5 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on a branch of the river Wye. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value with the curacy of Llandefailog-Tre'r-Graig, £324. The church is dedicated to St. Millburg. The charities are about £1 per annum. In the neighbourhood are traces of the Alltfillo British camp."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|