We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANGASTY-TAL-Y-LLYN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANGASTY-TAL-Y-LLYN, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 5 miles S.E. of Brecknock, and 7 N.W. of Crickhowell, its post town. The lake, or llyn, known as Llangorse, is partly in this parish. Some portion of the land is under tillage, but the greater part is in pasture. The road passes to the E. of the lake. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £207. The church, dedicated to St. Gastyn, is a small structure, and has lately been restored. It has a peal of bells. Here are the remains of an ancient camp."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.