GENUKI Home page
Llangasty Tal y Llyn Llangasty Tal y Llyn   Contents & Search Contents &
Search


LLANGASTY-TAL-Y-LLYN - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANGASTY-TAL-Y-LLYN, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 5 miles S.E. of Brecknock, and 7 N.W. of Crickhowell, its post town. The lake, or llyn, known as Llangorse, is partly in this parish. Some portion of the land is under tillage, but the greater part is in pasture. The road passes to the E. of the lake. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value 207. The church, dedicated to St. Gastyn, is a small structure, and has lately been restored. It has a peal of bells. Here are the remains of an ancient camp."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.


Valid HTML 4.0! Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
[Last updated at 18.53 on Sunday, 04 July 2004, Gaz3 v01.34 by Rosemary Lockie]

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.