Coomber, Matthew. Old Rectory, Llangattock : renovation of a rundown former rectory in the Brecon Beacons. Building (1.2.91), p. 54-5.
Sankey-Barker, Sarah. Life in Llangattock in the first half of the twentieth century. Brycheiniog 32 (2000), p. 112-52.
Walker, Kevin. The Llangattock escarpment. Brecon : Heritage Guides, 1995. 19p.
Pubs, Inns, Taverns, etc., extracted from 1871 census for Beaufort
Church of St Catwg, Llangattock on the Brecknockshire Churches Survey site.
Photographs and history of St Catwg's Church on John Ball's Welsh Churches and Chapels Collection webpages.
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
Brynmawr parish was formed out of Llangatwg and Llanelli parishes in 1875, extant records:
A Photo Essay of Brynmawr by Jeffrey Thomas.
Places, villages, farms etc., in Llangatwg parish as shown on the parish map on the CD of Historic Parishes of England and Wales: an Electronic Map of Boundaries before 1850 with a Gazetteer and Metadata [computer file]. (Kain, R. J. P., Oliver, R. R.). (Extracted by John Ball)
Description of Beaufort from Theophilus Jones's The History of Brecknockshire, revised in 1909.
Description of Brynmawr from Theophilus Jones's The History of Brecknockshire revised in 1909.
Return to top
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|