Hawkins, Raymond. The Mills of Grwyne.(2008) Crickhowell District Archive Centre " The Grwyne valley, particularly about the villages of Llangenny and Glangrwyney, was an important area of water mills, initially for grain and wool but also driving an important forge near the river’s confluence with the Usk. Then in the 18th and 19th centuries its reputation for paper-making was developed, finally coming to an end in 1950. This account was written initially as a series of newspaper articles by the well-known local historian Raymond Hawkins (1905-1995) but has been edited and illustrated for publication by CDAC. "
Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives:
Baptisms 1695-1891; Marriages 1695-1971; Burials 1695-1911 Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.