[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANIGON, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 2 miles S. of Hay, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Talgarth. It is situated near the banks of the river Severn, and includes the hamlets of Glynfach and Twyny-Beddau. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £202, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Eigion. The charities consist of an endowment to Watkins's free school, producing £10 per annum. Llanigon House, formerly a seat of Earl Ferrers, is the principal residence."
"GLYNFACH, a hamlet in the parish of Llanigon, hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 2 miles S. of Hay. It is situated in the Black mountains, on the borders of Monmouthshire and Herefordshire."