GENUKI Home page
Llanigon Llanigon   Contents & Search Contents &
Search


LLANIGON - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANIGON, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 2 miles S. of Hay, its post town, and 5 N.E. of Talgarth. It is situated near the banks of the river Severn, and includes the hamlets of Glynfach and Twyny-Beddau. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value 202, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Eigion. The charities consist of an endowment to Watkins's free school, producing 10 per annum. Llanigon House, formerly a seat of Earl Ferrers, is the principal residence."

"GLYNFACH, a hamlet in the parish of Llanigon, hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 2 miles S. of Hay. It is situated in the Black mountains, on the borders of Monmouthshire and Herefordshire."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.


Valid HTML 4.0! Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
[Last updated at 18.53 on Sunday, 04 July 2004, Gaz3 v01.34 by Rosemary Lockie]

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.