LLAN-LLEON-VEL - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLAN-LLEON-VEL, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 2 miles N. of Llangammarch, and 6 W. of Builth, its post town. It is situated on the rivers Dulas and Irvon, and includes the township of Gwarafog. Near here runs the Roman road Caer Sws, a branch road of the Sam Helen connecting Bannium with Deva and Maridunum. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £60, in the patronage of the bishop. The church contains mural monuments of the Gwynne family, whose seat was Garth, now a farm."
"GWARAFOG, a hamlet in the parish of Llan-lleon-vel, county Brecon, 7 miles W. of Builth."