|Llan Lleon Vel||Contents &
"LLAN-LLEON-VEL, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 2 miles N. of Llangammarch, and 6 W. of Builth, its post town. It is situated on the rivers Dulas and Irvon, and includes the township of Gwarafog. Near here runs the Roman road Caer Sws, a branch road of the Sam Helen connecting Bannium with Deva and Maridunum. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David's, value £60, in the patronage of the bishop. The church contains mural monuments of the Gwynne family, whose seat was Garth, now a farm."
"GWARAFOG, a hamlet in the parish of Llan-lleon-vel, county Brecon, 7 miles W. of Builth."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|