We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
LLANWRTHWL - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANWRTHWL, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 3 miles S. of Rhayader, its post town, and 9 N.W. of Builth. The river Wye flows through the parish. Copper ore is worked here. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. David's, value £85, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Wrthwl, is a small structure. The parochial charities amount to about £16 per annum, besides a share of Boughrood, Brecon. Near the church is a pillar cross, and in the neighbourhood are several Druidic remains."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.