[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLANYNYS, a parish in the hundred of Builth, county Brecon, 3 miles W. of Builth, its post town, and 4 N.E. of Llangammarch. It is situated on the river Irvon or Irion. There is no village, only a few farmhouses. A great part of the surface is mountainous and comparatively barren. The living is a discharged rectory in the diocese of St. David's, value £101, in the patronage of the bishop. The parochial charities produce about £16 per annum."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.