[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"LLYSWEN, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 6 miles S.W. of Hay, and 7 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye. The princes of South Wales had a seat here. The living is a rectory in the dioc, of St. David's, value £145. Llangoed Castle and Dderw House are the principal residences."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.