"LLYSWEN, a parish in the hundred of Talgarth, county Brecon, 6 miles S.W. of Hay, and 7 N.E. of Brecknock, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Wye. The princes of South Wales had a seat here. The living is a rectory in the dioc, of St. David's, value £145. Llangoed Castle and Dderw House are the principal residences."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|