Detailed information on deposited registers and transcripts for this parish is given under Breconshire Parish Registers on the Powys Archives website.
As a guide only, the principal extant parochial church records for this parish span the dates shown below (as detailed in Parish Registers of Wales, NLW 2000) but exact current holdings should be confirmed with the individual Archives.
Baptisms 1813-1981; Marriages 1756-1766, 1777-1800, 1803-1971; Burials 1813-1951; Banns 1803-1979. Parish Registers, or copies, for all or part of these dates are held at the NLW and/or Powys Archives. Bishops Transcripts for various periods are held at the NLW.
Dyffryn Honddu (Upper Chapel) - A parish formed out of Merthyr Cynog parish.
Petty Sessions were first held in the nineteenth century, a minor court presided over by two or more justices or magistrates. Records include minute books, court registers, adoption registers, licensing and ledger accounts. There is a 75 year closure period for adoption records and 30 years for the rest. Petty Sessions Records for Merthyr and Pencelli from 1935-1974 (reference: BPS/MP) have been deposited at Powys Archives