Report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
RHIDYBRIW - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"RHIDYBRIW, (or Ysclydach), a chapelry in the parish of Llywell, hundred of Devynnock and borough of Brecknock, county Brecon, 12 miles W. of Brecknock. The village is situated among the hills, near the river Usk, and the line of the Roman road Via Julia Montana. Some of the inhabitants are engaged in the neighbouring woollen mills. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David, value £145, in the patronage of the Vicar of Llywell."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.