"RHIDYBRIW, (or Ysclydach), a chapelry in the parish of Llywell, hundred of Devynnock and borough of Brecknock, county Brecon, 12 miles W. of Brecknock. The village is situated among the hills, near the river Usk, and the line of the Roman road Via Julia Montana. Some of the inhabitants are engaged in the neighbouring woollen mills. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David, value £145, in the patronage of the Vicar of Llywell."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
|Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.|