We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

TALACHDDU - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TALACHDDU, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 6 from Talgarth. The village is situated at the source of the river Achddhu. The parish includes the hamlets of Velin-vach and Llwryneyrog. Copper is found here. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value £143. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Calvinistic Methodists have a chapel."

"LLWYNEYROG, a village in the parish of Talachddu, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock."

"VELIN-VACH, a village in the parish of Talachddu, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock. In the vicinity is Velin-Newydd, an old seat of the Vaughans."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.