GENUKI Home page
Talachddu Talachddu   Contents & Search Contents &
Search


TALACHDDU - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TALACHDDU, a parish in the hundred of Penkelly, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock, its post town, and 6 from Talgarth. The village is situated at the source of the river Achddhu. The parish includes the hamlets of Velin-vach and Llwryneyrog. Copper is found here. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of St. David's, value 143. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. The Calvinistic Methodists have a chapel."

"LLWYNEYROG, a village in the parish of Talachddu, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock."

"VELIN-VACH, a village in the parish of Talachddu, county Brecon, 4 miles N.E. of Brecknock. In the vicinity is Velin-Newydd, an old seat of the Vaughans."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]

These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.


Valid HTML 4.0! Find help, report problems, and contribute information.
[Last updated at 18.53 on Sunday, 04 July 2004, Gaz3 v01.34 by Rosemary Lockie]

Note: The information provided by GENUKI must not be used for commercial purposes, and all specific restrictions concerning usage, copyright notices, etc., that are to be found on individual information pages within GENUKI must be strictly adhered to. Violation of these rules could gravely harm the cooperation that GENUKI is obtaining from many information providers, and hence threaten its whole future. GENUKI is a registered trademark.


Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.