[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer
"TRETOWER, a parcel in the parish of Llanfihangel-Cwmdu, hundred of Crickhowell, county Brecon, 3 miles from Crickhowell, its post town, and 9 from Talgarth. It is situated on the Rhiangoll, a branch of the river Usk. In the vicinity are Gaer Camp, on the Via Julia, the Vaughans' old seat, and a ruined castle. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St. David, value £64. The church is dedicated to St. John the Evangelist."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
These pages are intended for personal use only, so please respect our Conditions of Use.